37 weeks today. 21 days until my due date. I'm getting so close. I am having lots of braxton-hicks contractions but nothing too painful. I had my check-up on Tuesday and will continue to go every Tuesday until I have the baby. It works out well with my work schedule because that is my day off. I've arranged to work every Saturday until the baby comes which gives me a full day off during the week. As of Tuesday, I was dilated to 1 1/2 centimeters. I'm thinking I'll just keep trucking right along until she decides to make her debut. My strep B test was positive. I'm not entirely sure what that means beyond I'll get antibiotics during labor. I started to read some information on it and it made me freak out a little. The doctor said not to really worry so I'm trying to not fixate on it.
All in all, I consider myself very lucky. I have read various messages boards, blogs, etc that make me think that some women have had it much rougher than myself. My biggest complaint would be not being able to get comfortable at night. I don't have much swelling---and my weight gain seems to mostly be all belly! I think so far I have gained a total of 24 lbs which I am very thankful for. :) Hopefully I can manage to lose weight after I have the baby!
The nursery is almost complete---our roommate moved out the middle of December and we have been working on it since then. I've painted the walls, hung new curtains, and done some rearranging. This weekend, I should have everything complete---crib and changer put together, the queen bedding on, shelves hung, etc. I'll post pictures of the final product! My mother and father-in-law have been a tremendous help with different projects we have had around the house. I feel like it's starting to look a way that I am happy with. :) You know how sometimes you see the minor imperfections and think, I'd really like a different ceiling fan, light, etc in here? We've gotten so much accomplished and it makes me happy!
1 comment:
The nesting stage is fun as the excitement builds until you hold that precious gift from God in your arms. What JOY!! Enjoy these last days of "just the two of you"...remember to keep that couple relationship strong as you become a family! Love, Aunt Sharie
Post a Comment