Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 days

I really wonder if this baby will be here in 7 days. I'm thinking this baby wants to stay in there for much longer than that. I'm really ready for this baby to be here. Sleeping at night is the most difficult thing. I'm usually so tired but it is just hard to get into a comfortable position. I had my appointment on Tuesday---everything is the same. I think that I had my hopes up that there would be some sort of change. But no. And it's just like see you next week. Not very reassuring.

I'm still working and the days seem to be getting longer. I am blessed to work with some very understanding people who are very encouraging and want this baby to be here as much as I do! Every morning when I walk in they say, you are one day closer!

I think that now I am just getting to the point where I really don't want random strangers saying anything to me about how I look or what I should be doing. Unfortunately, I seem to come into contact with these types of people every day. I just want to say, thanks for pointing out that I am HUGELY PREGNANT! I was unaware of that fact! And surprisingly enough, most of the comments come from women. What the heck?! Or the you haven't had that baby yet question? Ummmmmmmm.....no and quite frankly, I'm pretty miserable! Poor Kyle has had to deal with a train wreck of emotions this past week. :) I am a lucky gal because I know I haven't been easy to be around lately. Tonight he got a break and went to the movies with his friends. I am just home hanging out.

On a sad note, we decided that Winston might be better off in a new home. He left to live with his "uncles" on Monday. That certainly hasn't been easy as the house seems very quiet without him. I miss him terribly (much more than I had ever imagined). We get daily reports on how he is adjusting to living with a couple of bachelors and a cat. He seems to be adjusting well and I know that Adam and Kip are taking good care of him. I was really concerned with how he was going to adjust to having a baby around. Little dogs are a TON of work and very territorial. He hasn't behaved the best when we have had our nieces and nephews around. We are not ruling out the possibility that he might be able to come back and live with us once she gets here and we slowly introduce them but for now the best decision was for him to go live with Adam and Kip. They live close and I'm thinking we'll be going for a visit this weekend. Hopefully we don't confuse the poor dog!

1 comment:

Sharie said...

Even after many years, I remember those feelings...I got a 'baby fix'(as Mike says) last night, holding a friend's newborn and playing with his 2 yr old brother too. It will be worth it all..... Love and prayers to you!!