Sunday, March 1, 2009

1 month old!

Harper is officially 4 weeks old! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone! Harper is getting so big. We had her first professional pictures taken on Friday---her official 4 week birthday. She was such a good girl and we got lots of cute shots!!! I only took her in 1 outfit but ended up ordering all the pictures where she was just in her diaper! Harper is continuing to be on a pretty good schedule--knock on wood! We get up 2-3 times a night to nurse and go right back to bed. We have had some bad nights (where she wants to hang out wide awake!) but for the most part Harper is doing so well!!! Harper got to meet her Aunt Sandy this past week at Aunt Bethany's basketball game in CR. Sorry we didn't get to spend more time together--we are looking forward to seeing everyone in March at Uncle Scott's! Harper also went to her first baby shower today--she was a little fussy but she hung in there! I was surprised at how long she stayed awake--we had gone to church and she was awake through the entire service and then she was awake a majority of the time at the shower. She's not a big fan of the car seat (if the car isn't moving) and she'd doze off and I'd set her down to try and eat (we were at a restaurant) and I would get a few minutes before she would start to cry. Plus, I didn't want to be that lady who has a screaming infant (I was already the lady who was breastfeeding in public--discreetly--but people still knew what was going on!) I'm finally comfortable with feeding Harper in public--for the first couple weeks I didn't want to leave the house because I was worried about what to do if she needed to eat when we were out and about. Now, I'm like okay, she needs to eat and I have to feed her---I try to be as discreet as possible but I'm still learning all "the ropes" and tricks to that!

I cannot believe I only have 2 weeks left at home with my baby!!! I don't know what I am going to do when I have to leave her!! Kyle is also starting his spring coaching job tomorrow which means we will get to see him even less. He is coaching baseball in Illinois which plays spring ball and then coaching in Iowa for the summer season. So from tomorrow until the end of June/beginning of July Kyle will be very busy with that. I'm a little sad about that because night time will be hard with just me and Harper. I'm hoping it goes smoothly but we will have to see.

My little munchkin is sleeping on the couch and she's about to get a little bit restless. :) Hope that things are good with all of you!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I can now officially confirm that as cute as her pictures are, Harper is even cuter in real life! And both Kyle and Danielle look like parenthood agrees with them just fine - despite less sleep at night:) See you the end of the month....
Love,
Aunt Sandy