Tuesday, December 16, 2008

34 Weeks

I had my 34 week appointment yesterday. Everything looks good---heard the heartbeat for maybe 3 seconds and got measured! I met with the other doctor this time. I was much more comfortable. Turns out he is a U-of-I.o.w.a graduate too---both undergraduate and medical. He loved that I went there. And he remembers delivering my baby brother and sister--which is crazy because he couldn't remember delivering my niece or my nephew. (I think it's because he only remembers Hawkeye alums! :) Like my mom and dad---and hopefully he'll remember me!) Kyle had gone with but ended up having to leave early to get back to work. My next appointment is December 31. Then every week from there on out! I can't believe that January is almost here---I'm a little freaked out. AND WE STILL HAVE A ROOMMATE. Every morning I say, Lord give me patience. On the drive home, I ask for more patience. It has not been easy. And to be quite honest---I'm very stressed about it. I want everything to be organized and put away. And I don't want to be mean to my good friend or have her think that I'm not understanding of her situation.

I am also going to be switching offices after the first of the year. Which is most certainly a good thing although I will miss the office I work at now very much. It's a lot smaller than the other two branches and we all get along very well. I'm very good friends with the other lady in my same position and I'm going to miss her the most! Thank goodness for interoffice e-mail and phone calls! :) The best thing about switching branches is that I will be closer to the baby. Her babysitter lives very close to where I will be working---I'll be able to feed her on my lunch breaks and will just be down the road if there is a problem. :) I won't be commuting 40 minutes either!

I'm really ready for Christmas--I only have 2 more gifts to buy. We really cut back this year and I managed to get most of my shopping done in a day. I had the most fun buying for Clayton, Claire and Chase! :) I'm looking forward to having the 23, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off for a little break! Usually I only get Christmas Day off so this will be really nice! There will also be less driving for us this year since we don't have to go to Kyle's parents until the weekend after Christmas. :) I'm looking forward to not having to rush from my parents to my in-laws and back to my parents. :) Especially since I'm moving a LOT SLOWER these days and starting to get uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Amanda Leigh said...

AWW!Danielle I am going to miss you too! You better believe we will be still talking to each other everyday though!!! just like our little office chats . . . of course strictly business regardless of what Kyle thinks!!! lol . . . I can't wait to meet baby miller! she is going to be one precious little girl!!!! NO MORE STRESSING!!! yeah, easier said then done huh?