We had our second appointment yesterday. Everything looks good and seems to be right on track. The most thrilling part to me was getting weighed (seriously!). I had noticed some changes in my body--mostly in my mid-section. Pants are a little tighter---my work shirts (oxford button down) are a little tighter in the mid-section too. I have certainly been eating more. I had put off weighing myself because I,well, didn't want to go into a deep depression about how much weight I was gaining during my first trimester. So I just avoided the bathroom scale. And the scale at work. My boss and co-worker are both on diets and typically I join in. We have done the Atkins Diet, the Fat-Smash diet, and they most recently started the Break the Fat loss code diet. I couldn't start that because of the baby. So, while they weigh in once a week and have to know how much grams of carbs, etc. they eat, I enjoy salt-n-vinegar pringles, donuts, honey nut cheerios, and crunch-n-munch. :)
I decided to play it safe before my appointment and weigh myself at home. That way my jaw wouldn't hit the floor when I got on the scale at the doctor's office. The scale at home read the same weight as it had the month before! I thought, whew! And so did the scale at the doctor's office! Thank heavens for small blessings! The nurse asked if I had been having bad morning sickness, and really I only had morning sickness for about the last three weeks of my first trimester. I've been trying to eat healthy. But this baby really like oreo ice cream, long johns and strawberry pie. :) I figure that I've earned some small indulgences!
Things are been great lately. We spent Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with my family. And we spent Friday night and Saturday morning with the in-laws. My little brother is at football camp and doing well there. It was just media day and my family went out to support him. I haven't seen him since camp started and missed out on media/Family Day. I'm not particularly fond of the warm weather and opted to stay back from media Day. I'm certainly looking forward to going to some of the football games this year! Hopefully it's not too hot!
1 comment:
My baby likes frozen snickers, ice-cream, and oreos! But, I have been gaining some weight!
Post a Comment