Thank you thank you thank you for the thoughts and prayers that were sent my way yesterday. I was very scared and so thankful that I had asked for prayers as I was in laying there. We got some great news!
I was unsure of when my last cycle has been (which as you all know is important for determining the baby's due date) and we had been going off of what I had thought which was May 30. This gave us a due date of March 5, 2009. Which is what I had told my friends and family and co-workers. I shared with the nurse that I was unsure of the date and she told me that the NP would make the decision if I was to get an ultrasound to get a more accurate due date. Normally you don't get an ultrasound or even doppler at your first appointment! Well, the NP decided that I should have an ultrasound and it just so happened that ultrasound had an OPENING that day! I had my exam and then we went to get an internal ultrasound. Thankfully hubby (K) was able to be with me as he left work (he didn't really enjoy the exam part but he was supportive). I was so thankful that we were going to get an ultrasound as I explained to K that we would get to see the baby! Now, the internal ultrasound was certainly an experience. Slightly uncomfortable but totally worth it. We hear the baby's heartbeat (168) and got pictures of our little one. Plus, the NP had told me that my utereus seemed bigger than 8 weeks. I panicked because my first thought was, Oh my, there are 2 in there! The ultrasound tech confirmed what the NP said and at the end of our ultrasound we found out that I am actually 13 WEEKS and 1 day pregnant (only 1 baby!!)! I gained 5 WHOLE WEEKS in a matter of 30 minutes!!!! Talk about a huge relief! Our new due date is January 29, 2009. Oh my!!!!!
I am so thankful!!! And so excited. I had been nervous about everything going smoothly for my first trimester--well, I am officially out of it! And I didn't even realize it. :)
Thank you for your thoughts on church. We are going to start looking for one that we wish to join. And one of these days I will share the story of my friend Erin. For now, I want to relish in the happiness of our first appointment! Ya'll haev a great weekend!
2 comments:
So happy for you! I was excited to gain one week and you gained 5! That's awesome!
Also, I agree with Brad, God does want to hear your questions and he wants to show you his love for you. Do some google searches for churches in your area and look for words like contemporary services. You are living near your parents, right?
So excited to be on this journey with you!
This time, I talked to mom before reading your blog, so I KNEW this stuff, but it was still fun to read what you wrote. :)
Post a Comment