Friday, July 18, 2008

Pregnant

Exactly 7 weeks today. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Don't get me wrong--I'm very excited but at the same time, I am also a little bit surprised. I didn't quite expect to get pregnant as quickly as I did. But, at the same time I am overjoyed that I am pregnant. Is this making sense? Is it normal to feel this way---or is this indication of something more serious? And at the same token--why didn't some one tell me that this is what pregnancy is like? I have two older sisters who have both been pregnant. My oldest sister has been pregnant a total of 3 (1 angel baby, Clayton 2 1/2, and Claire 7mos) times and my other sister pregnant once (Chase 2). Now, nobody told me what to expect. I realize that hundreds of thousands of women around the world give birth every year---but why don't women talk about it more? I had no idea that this is what happens at your first appointment http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/first-doctor-visit or about prenatal vitamins. Why is it that we don't talk about this?

When I first discovered I was pregnant, I immediately got online to do some research. WebMD has been a HUGE comfort to me as it explains so much and there are great message boards to look to for any questions or concerns or just support. However, I have also been slightly panicked at all that I didn't know. Perhaps I thought this was going to be easy? Or perhaps I heard someone mention that before---who were they kidding?

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Wait, is this my little cousin Danielle?! Congratulations!

I will be adding you to my blog list soon!

Brad Bodin said...

Danielle, congratulations on the pregnancy! That is so exciting!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures of the little guy.

Mindy said...

Congratulations, Danielle! I wonder if I found out about this before my mom, or if she just forgot to tell me . . . How fun that you started a blog--it is a great way to keep up with fun family members. :)