Friday, February 12, 2010

Sadness

I couldn't damper Harper's first birthday post with the sadness that is in my heart. A week before Harper's birthday I found out that I was pregnant. Kyle and I were both shocked but thrilled. After 3 pregnancy tests and blood tests to confirm that indeed I was pregnant, my due date was set for October 2, 2010. We started to have talks of a new baby and shared the news with family and friends.

On Wednesday of this week I had a miscarriage. I am absolutely devastated. In a sense I had thought that something was a little off about this pregnancy. I started to spot at Harper's birthday party and it had continued for a couple of weeks. It was never very heavy but it was enough to scare me. I had several blood tests but my numbers were doubling and that was making me feel so much better. That all changed when I was at work on Wednesday. I started to bleed really heavily. It was awful. Kyle and I had to go the emergency room and we were there for several hours. The past 2 days have been awful. I haven't been at work. I'm waiting to find out if I have to have a D&C. I am angry. At myself. At my body.

Today I am starting to process all that has happened. I'm having a hard time dealing with the sadness. The worst part is when people try to talk to me about it. Please don't take this wrong but I really don't want to hear that it is for the best or that there must have been something wrong with the baby. I would just rather not talk about it at all.

The only things getting me through are Kyle and Harper. She is my joy. I'm so thankful that I have her. I don't know how women who don't have children get through the grief. I will always remember the baby that would have been born in October. Who would have been my little pumpkin.

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Sorry, Dani. Love you. I have a friend whose had several miscarriages and she has said there is nothing you can say unless it includes the words chocolate and alcohol.

Jeannine said...

So Sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mindy said...

Been praying for you --

Sharie said...

Hope God is healing the hole in your heart... love you! Been praying for you.