Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We are doing much better. Lots of things have changed in the past 6 weeks. I have started a new job that I am really excited about. I was commuting about 50 minutes to work which doesn't seem like far but when you live in small town Iowa, 50 minutes is a jaunt! I'm now working at a local university in the financial aid department! And so far---I just love it. :) I work 5 minutes from home and 5 minutes from Harper's daycare. We are back to the routine of me taking and picking her up. Which I love. :) I really missed my Harper/Mama time. Before starting this new job, I was leaving for work when Harper got up in the morning. And I was home just in time to say good night. It was breaking my heart. That was the worst part. Now, I have much more time to spend with Harper and her daddy. :) Kyle is a head baseball coach again this summer. It is a heading coaching job at my Alma Mater. :) :) :) Harper and I will get to enjoy baseball games this summer. And Kyle is finally wearing the right colors-blue and gold.


I'm feeling a lot better since the miscarriage. I have actually been fortunate to talk with a lot of women, who I did not realize have had miscarriages. Family, friends, coworkers....lots of women that I know. Somehow it is as if we all share a common bond. That has helped with the healing.

Harper has been my angel through it all. I'm so thankful that we have her. My heart aches for women who go through miscarriages and have no children. When I look at Harper, I know that my body can carry a baby to term. When I look at her, I know that I am blessed beyond measure. As far as any future pregnancies, right now we are taking it one day at a time. I honestly don't know if my heart could handle another miscarriage.

Harper is the sweetest 14 month old that I know. She loves me and her daddy so much. Dada is a favorite word--she also recognizes us in pictures. She can point to her nose and her belly. We are working on learning where our ears and mouth are. Her smile lights up her entire face and she is a very happy little girl. Harper has discovered her love for dolls and "pretties" and it warms my heart so. Because if you know me, then you also know that I have a love for "pretties" as well! She gives her dolly kisses and carries it with her. I've put her to bed with a doll and she will entertain herself with it when she wakes up---I realized this as I went to check on her and she was awake giving her dolly kisses and hugs! It was soooo very precious! :) She also has a ladybug nightlight that she just loves too. She has 5 teeth! She eats what we eat and loves curly cheese puffs, mandarin oranges, apple juice, and so much more!

1 comment:

Sharie said...

Thanks for the update on how you're doing. Supportive friends who truly understand are so helpful to talk with. God is a great mender of broken hearts! You are loved, Danielle!