Harper is 11 months old. That is....almost 1 year! I cannot believe it! We had an excellent December and by far the best Christmas ever. Harper met Santa---and did not like him. I held her why Kyle took a picture. She loved the Christmas tree but for the most part didn't bother it too much. Every morning she would get so excited when she first saw it---she would make her happy noises. Coos and giggles as if to say "Ooohh....I'm so happy this is still in our living room." She also does this when I turn on her nightlight. :) It's a ladybug night light and she just loves it! I didn't get as much time off for the holidays as I would have liked....with starting a new job I didn't have any time off accrued. Hopefully next year :)
Christmas was spent at Grandma and Grandpa Miller's in Bellevue. We had prime rib and shrimp (yummy) and Harper was the belle of the ball. This was the first Christmas that was celebrated with all of Kyle's siblings. My brother-in-law Tyler made it with his wife Jenna, Kyle, myself and Harper, and also Kyle's sister Gretchen. Grandma Tootie was there as well and it was a nice time. Kyle and his brother don't spend much time together so I know it was extra special for my mother and father-in-law. Christmas day was spent at my mom and dad's with all of my siblings, spouses and children. It was a really nice time with k-bobs (yummy!) and lots of good food. :) Harper got so many wonderful gifts and was spoiled by all of her family! She is a very loved little girl. I might have went a little overboard with Harper's gifts from Kyle and myself but I just couldn't help myself. :) I had so much fun shopping for her and I had also gone shopping on Black Friday for some great gifts and great deals!
Our New Year was very low key....pizza with friends and one drink at a local bar. We were in bed by 10:30. Harper stayed with her grandparents so we actually were able to sleep in until 8:30 or so! It was a great way to ring in the New Year. Today we went to lunch with Kyle's family to celebrate his sister's 32nd birthday.
2009 was a great year. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for me, Kyle and Harper!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment