Friday, July 31, 2009

~6 Months~

Harper is 6 months old. I cannot believe how fast it has gone!! This seems to how I feel every time that I blog a new post! It has been the best 6 months of my life.

Harper had her first ear infection last weekend. My MIL noticed it last Friday when she was watching her--Harper was very fussy and nothing my MIL did would make her happy. She was also tugging a lot at her left ear. I came home Friday night and just gave her tyleno.l--she didn't have a fever or anything---just a little fussy. On Sunday it was a whole new ball game. I was the lady in church who had a screaming baby. About 10 minutes into the service Harper looked at me and just started crying. I took her into the mother's room and nothing I did could make her stop---nursing, rocking, distracting. NOTHING! After about 5 minutes of this I notice the usher making his way to shut the door---I knew that the muffled screaming would not be any better than what was already happening so we headed to the church basement. And while down there I couldn't make her happy either. I was letting her chew on my hoop earrings, my watch, etc and nothing would snap her out of it! After spending 45 minutes in the church basement--barely able to hear the service through the speakers we finally were able to head home. I got her in to the on-call doctor Sunday afternoon. While we were waiting for him you never would have guessed that I had a sick baby. She was smiling and cooing. And so happy. But as soon as he checked her ears she started screaming her head off! Poor baby. So we are on a 10 day antibiotic to help with her ears. I stayed home with her on Monday because she just wanted her mommy.

She's been a good girl all week---taking her medicine 3 times a day and sleeping really good at night. :) She's such an angel.

Her latest discovery is sticking out her tongue. It's so cute!! I'll try and get pictures of it to post. She is also scooting all over the place. She doesn't crawl on all fours but has a definite army crawl going on. It is so sweet! I'm going to need to baby proof the outlets and everything soon.

Tonight we are going to BWW to celebrate Uncle Troy's 30th birthday. :)

1 comment:

Sharie said...

So fun to hear/see you enjoying each precious day w/ Harper. Thanks for letting us have a peek into your life thru your blog and FaceBook. You are loved!