Saturday, June 27, 2009

She sleeps in her crib!!

Harper never ceases to amazes. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, happy, healthy baby girl. She has been sleeping in her crib for two weeks now. The first week was wonderful---I would lay her down between 8:15 and 8:45--she would be wide awake or drowsy but never sleeping. She would fuss for a few minutes and then fall asleep on her own. AND SHE WOULD SLEEP through the NIGHT. One night slept until 7:30 in the MORNING! OH MY! Other times she was up around 5 or 6--and I don't mind starting my day that early at all--I get so much more accomplished! The past week has been a different story. She still goes to bed at the same time and she hardly fusses at all and falls asleep on her own---but she has been waking up around 3:30 or 4:00 to nurse and going back down until about 6. I must confess that when she does that---we lay on the bed in there and nurse and back to the crib she goes--but I stay in there with her :) It's cooler in her room---and it's hard for me to fall back asleep in our room with Kyle's snoring. :) I can't help but smile when I hear her in the monitor even if it is 3:00 AM---it's just more time I get to spend with her. Sometimes when I go in there to get her--right when she sees me she starts to giggle. :) I love her so much!!! She is so precious!

She's getting pretty spoiled this summer. My mother-in-law watches her on Monday's and Friday's at our house. Some weeks I have Tuesday off--and on those weeks she only goes to the sitter 2 times during the week. Other weeks she goes to the sitter 3 days. It's saving us quite a bit in daycare costs and she's getting to spend more time with her Grandma M. My MIL is a librarian so she is on that wonderful teaching schedule where she has the summer months off. :)

Harper also now rolls from her back to her tummy---and from her tummy to her back. She is now just rolling all over the place! And she loves to put her toes in her mouth and as soon as she is laid on her back--she grabs her feet! We have started to eat baby food and so far she has had carrots, applesauce, banannana, rice cereal, and mixed cereal with applesauce and banannas! She is going okay with it---mostly just prefers breastmilk. She is growing so much that she needs food---I can't produce enough milk to keep her happy :) As long as I feed her on one side before I give her anyfood and then finish feeding her on the other side, she is pretty content. She prefers the banannas and the applesauce. :) She must get that from me---I love my fuits---not so much my veggies!

Things couldn't be better. Harper keeps Kyle and me on our toes. Life is so much better now and I thought it was pretty great before! :)

No comments: