Thursday, May 7, 2009

WOW!

I just realized that I did not post for the entire month of April! That's nuts! Harper is now 14 weeks old (tomorrow) and is just so precious. I love her more than I can possibly put into words. I did not realize how amazing it was going to be to have a baby. She's my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night. I'm afraid that I have created a bit of a monster as we share a room. I've given up my spot in our bedroom with the king sized bed for a spot in a tiny full-sized bed sleeping next to Harper. I know, I know, I know--you shouldn't sleep in the same bed as your infant. However, I just love being in there with her so much. I'm at work for 9 hours a day so the only time I have to spend with her is in the morning----getting her ready for the sitters and from 5:30 PM until she goes to bed---normally 8:30-8:45. Not long enough! We get our cuddle time at night :) I'm afraid I'm going to have to break her of this habit before it is too late---next thing I know she'll be 12 and we will still be in the same room. Plus, I think my husband misses me. I keep telling myself, this will be the night that I put her in her crib and go back to our room---it just never seems to happen! :) Oh well--soon enough!

Harper was baptized on April 25. She looked just precious in her ivory dress (borrowed from her cousin Claire!) and was a very good girl. She just smiled at our Pastor as he was speaking and only cried out when he went to dry off her head! Harper always seems to know when we are at church because it never fails that we have to leave and go to the Mother's room so I can nurse her. I even nursed her before we left for the church so she wouldn't have to eat during the service! We had a very nice party for her at a local pizza parlor. My mom made a chocolate chip cookie dessert and my Grandma made pumpkin bars and banana bars. Another friend bought brownies so there was plenty to eat! She got way too many gifts and precious mementos from our family! Her sponsors are Michelle, Alicia, Mark Jr., Bethany and our friend Jeff. :) They will all do a wonderful job!

Harper is quite the drooler. I'm afraid she might start teething soon. Is 14 weeks too soon for that? I'm also thinking that I might try introducing her to some baby cereal. I think she might be ready for it.

Big things going on in our lives right now. Not really ready to share all the details but will certainly let you know when we are! One big announcement--we are putting our house on the market--hopefully it sells quickly. And no, I am not pregnant! We are just looking to move!

We have Chase's third birthday party this weekend and are very excited for that! Harper has quite the party dress to wear. My mom's parents are coming up from Florida soon too. We haven't seen those grandparents since Kyle and I were married in June 2007. Harper has never met them! :) We are excited to visit with them!

2 comments:

Sharie said...

No new pictures of Harper?! Can't wait to see how she's grown. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Luke's party.

Amanda Leigh said...

Harper was quite the Doll at her baptism! Cute as a button!!!!