Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy 1 Week Birthday!

UPDATE: I started this post on Friday---it's now Sunday but I'm counting it for Friday! I'm going to try and post every Friday!

My little munchkin is 1 week old today! The week has gone by so fast. I love being home with my baby. We are getting to know each other. Harper is so sweet and such a good baby. Kyle and I are so happy and know that we are so blessed. Harper started out with her nights and days a little mixed up but we are starting to get on track. Harper cries when she is hungry and very upset (which isn't too often!) She doesn't like to have her diaper changed and she doesn't like the "sponge baths" that we have given her---we start out happy and end up screaming by the time it is done. Harper and I sleep in the same room and get up about 3 times a night to eat. I love her soooooo much!!! I can't imagine our lives without her.......we waited 9 months for Harper to get here and now that she is here, it is like she has always been a part of our lives. :)

My wide-eyed baby!!!
Harper and her Daddy!!! :)
Harper in her hat with the big flower!!! I love it! :)
I love the big flowers on headbands! I found this great website online and ordered her a TON of different colored ones. She doesn't seem to mind wearing them!! :) And I love how cute she looks! She takes a paci once in a while but for the most part---Harper doesn't really like it.
This is peanut at the hospital. She's so long---21 inches!!! Harper has some long legs! I think she is going to be tall like her daddy!
Harper at the hospital. Only a couple of hours old in this picture!
This is baby girl getting cleaned up after a very long labor!!! It was all worth it!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

She is SO beautiful!! It is great to hear how well it is going for you - that mother love is overwhelming, isn't it!! Now you have an inkling how much your mother loves you!
Love, Aunt Sandy

Kiki said...

Congrats, Danny! She is beautiful and I love the flowers.

Sharie said...

So fun to see new pics--yep, she's a beauty. Welcome to the joys of motherhood! Your heart feels like it's bursting w/ love for your precious gift from God.
Love, Aunt Sharie

Troy, Michelle, Clayton & Claire said...

Great pics Dani....I think she looks alot like her Aunt Michelle!!! Lets hope she got a little Mahmens in her!!!