We are over halfway to the baby being here. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed. There is so much that I want to do and get done before she gets here. I did get some stuff painted a couple of weekends ago--our entryway and this hallway/shelf thing by our downstairs bathroom. It's amazing how much a little paint can help. We're going to do a second coat on the entryway when we paint the baby's room. I'm not really sure when that will be because our roomate hasn't really made it clear as to when she'll be leaving. Last month she told me she didn't think she would stay to December. Yesterday she said she's leaving in December or a "little before"--not entirely sure what that means! I hate to push. She graduates college at the beginning of December and that still gives us a little bit of time to get things done before the baby comes.
On a positive note--we've ordered a crib and a matching changer. I ordered an adorable crib bedding set--it's pink and chocolate. And I got a new digital camera. I broke my old camera when I went to Las Vegas for bachelorette party in April. I have been without a digital camera since then and it's really been a challenge. The crib and changer should come next week--I suppse the real question is where are we going to store all of this stuff until Ashley moves out? We have a downstairs office but that's getting a little cluttered with other things I've bought--diaper bag, clothes, etc.
And on a less positive note, I saw a mouse the other day. Now, this is not a good thing. My father-in-law is very meticulous when it comes to rodents and bugs. He has more mouse poison, traps, etc than any other person I know at his own house. And he has also been very thorough when it comes to our house. Now, you're probably thinking can't D and K handle their own pest control? I have very involoved in-laws who I love very much and quite frankly, I refuse to go into our basement. It's old and dungy. I don't even go down there when the tornado siren goes off--I figure I'll head that way when the windows get blown out but not until then. This drives my husband nuts because he is a little bit of a worry wart. He'll call me every five minutes and say, I think you should go the basement. I'll look outside and say, it doesn't even look bad out. Enough rambling on that--back to the mouse. So, I see this mouse scurry along the base board and I naturally start yelling for K and Winston. Winston was eating and to be quite honest, I don't know what I expected him to do. I suppose that I was thinking he might chase it? Winston was the only one who came to my rescue. He had no idea what I meant by "Winston--get the mouse. See the mouse." And it ran back down the vent thing before he even looked in the right direction. I relaize that mice are going to be inevitable given the age of the house and where we live. It's also the time of year where they're trying to find warm homes for the winter. THAT will not be our house. Because I called my father-in-law and told him about the mouse---and he's coming to the rescue today! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment