Monday, September 15, 2008

My Furbaby







I thought my blog needed some pictures of our little furbaby. His name is Harry Winston and we call him Winston. I named him that because he's the only Harry Winston I'll ever get to own!


He is a yorkie--I think we got the runt of the litter. We bought him from some breeders in Savanna, Il. It was quite the experience. His parents were very gifted and his owners were very eccentric. The lady allowed the stud (Sam the Man) to paint? She believed that he was a talented artist. We saw paintings of a Christmas tree and a person (the owner claimed it was her). She would put zip-lock baggies on his paws and let him paint away. Needless to say, Kyle and I decided to buy (er....rescue) Winston. (His previous owners were very nice---just a little different.)
Originally we were told by our vet that he should weigh around 7-9 lbs. He has topped out at 4 lbs. He just turned two at the end of July. I'm worried about he is going to adjust to the new addition ot our family. He sometimes gets to wear clothes (my hubby hates this) but I think it's so cute. He was a lobster for Halloween last year and will probably be a lobster again this year. :) Last year I had left the costume laying on the ground.......Winston found it and peed on it. I think that maybe he was trying to tell me that he doesn't like it when I put him in clothes either! It got washed and he still had to wear it. :)

We have debated about what to do with him when the baby comes. Little dogs require a lot of attention and work. I'm afraid that I won't be able to handle the demands of a newborn and the demands of a tiny dog. I told Kyle that I just envision Winston peeing on the baby---to let us know that he doesn't like it either!
Speaking of our baby--I am 20 weeks and 4 days and today is our big ultrasound. We will know by later this afternoon if we will be welcoming a little boy or little girl in January! :) I can't wait!








2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a cute puppy, and I hope you post your ultrasound results soon!

Brad Bodin said...

D- I hate to be the one to break it to you but I think you got suckered at the doggy breeders! They all seem to play the, We are such freaks how could you possibly leave without adopting/rescuing one of our little babys? game. Just kidding! I would also like to take this opportunity to make a "Harry Winston" joke, but, well... you've probably heard em all by now anyway.
Love ya,
B