The ramblings of a small-town girl with big-town dreams. My life as I see it. Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Financial Peace
We have gone to two of our get out of debt classes. I'm a little hesitant to write a whole lot about it because I don't want to get sued or anything like that! Basically, the speaker Dave Ramsey teaches couples (and singles) how to get out of debt and build wealth. I really have enjoyed the classes so far. The CU is hosting the classes on Tuesday evenings and there are several employees signed up. K has to come with and he swears that I tricked him into it. I remember telling him that the classes go for 13 weeks but he seems to think I only mentioned one week :) This week's was really helpful because it talked about the differences between men and women's approaches to savings, necessities, etc. It also discussed different approaches to use with your children--how to teach the value and respect of money. Realistically, it is going to take us YEARS to get out of debt--darn those student loans! What's so great about the class---it's a while new perspective of looking at debt and actually TACKLING the debt head on. It is very similar to the approach we use at the CU when we counsel members on their credit. Dave is also a Christian and relates his lessons to the scripture as well. Very interesting---I suggest you check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Drew and I took that class when we were first married too, before we got into debt with grad school loans! We thought we were so on top of things!
And yeah, no one has anything good to say about names, so keep it to yourself and they'll just talk behind your back after you name the baby!
Post a Comment